This will be held on Wednesday, August 16th at 6:00PM at the South Whitley Community Public Library.
Town-Wide Garage Sale will be held on April 28th and 29th.
Town-Wide Clean Up is scheduled for the following Saturday, May 6th.
Examples of items that will be accepted for pick up
- Carpet/padding/rugs. Must be rolled & tied with tape or string into 4ft sections, no wider than 2ft in diameter, no heavier than 50lbs.
- Mattresses/Box Springs/Upholstered Furniture must be wrapped in plastic for curbside pickup. Use Mattress bags (available at moving stores) or plastic painting drop cloths sealed with duct tape (available at department stores). No sofa over 80″ (unless cut into sections) and no hide-a-bed/sleeper sofas.
- Bags placed for collection may not exceed thirty-five (35) pounds & cans may not exceed fifty (50) pounds.
- NO individual items over five (5) feet in length, three (3) feet wide or three (3) feet high or weighing over 100 pounds.
- Windows, glass, and mirrors must be less than 3’x4′ in size. Broken glass should be placed in a box, taped shut, and clearly marked “BROKEN GLASS.”
- Grills-Gas grills must have propane tank removed prior to disposal.
- Lawn Mowers-Push Lawn mowers must be drained of oil and gas prior to disposal. NO riding lawn mowers accepted.
- All small items must be in bags or cans for collection. LOOSE PILES WILL BE LEFT FOR THE HOMEOWNERS DISPOSAL.
- Auto parts, engines, tires, and batteries
- Electronics, including televisions, computer, printers, fax machines, ETC
- NO remodeling or construction material- lumber, plaster, drywall, paneling, siding, roofing, or other building materials.
- Chemicals, pesticides, paints, solvents or other household hazardous waste
- Propane tanks/gas tanks
- Dead animals
- Concrete, bricks, dirt, rocks, sod, or stumps
- Iron or steel, cast iron bathtubs
- Medical Waste
- No appliances that contain Freon, which include air conditioners, freezers, refrigerators, and dehumidifiers, unless the appliance bears a certification sticker indicating that the Freon has been removed by a certified technician.
South Whitley Customers,
We are informing you of a known power outage the ENTIRE town of South Whitley will experience on SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 2023. This will occur in the morning around 8AM. This outage is a result of Duke Energy upgrading equipment in our area by switching their power to a mobile substation in Collamer. There will be two scheduled outages, with the next one being SATURDAY, MARCH 25, 2023 in the morning around 8AM.. These outages are expected to last 2-4 hours, but no longer than four hours. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the utility office and we will do our best to find an answer and solution. Also, watch for updates about the second outage on social media, the Tribune, and the town message board sign.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Duties include assisting Waster Water Supervisor on a daily basis at the Waster Water Plant. Complete classes and testing to obtain Waster Water Certification License.
Assisting the other utility departments, water, electric, and street as needed
HOURS: 40 hours per week and some overtime occasionally. Monday-Friday, 7:00AM-4:00PM, with 1 hour lunch.
Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance and PERF Retirement benefits offered, as well as Life and Disability insurance.
Interested individuals, please send resume to Town of South Whitley, 118 E Front Street or PO BOX 372 South Whitley, IN 46787. Or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall Festival will take place Friday September 30th-Sunday October 2nd.
Town Wide Garage Sale will be on the last Saturday in April, 04/30/2022
The clean up is scheduled for Saturday May 14th. This is a little later than normal due to staff shortage of trash company.
Go to PayGOV.us
Click Make a Payment in top right corner.
To the left it will ask for location code, 3307 will be used for the Town of South Whitley
Fill out all the Customer Account Information and Payment Information -you will need your account information located on your billing card.
Please be aware there is a 3% convenience fee to pay online.
Images will be located in the document section.
South Whitley will be holding a Christmas light contest this year. Judging will take place on Sunday, December 12th. There will be cash prizes for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners. The winners will be notified and also announced on the town Facebook page, website, Tribune-News, and digital sign in front of the fire department.
South Whitley Public Library is a drop-off location for Toys for Tots. They are currently accepting any new, unwrapped gifts for children ages newborn to eighteen. Items are being collected till December 10th, and will be distributed to children in Whitley County.